We are continuously working to make the Lindau Nobel Laureate Meetings more eco-friendly. Here are a few of the measures we have implemented so far:
At the meeting
- Our renovated and improved venue is now more energy-efficient than before. The Inselhalle is also part of a network implementing sustainable event management measures.
- We offer fully organic food, wherever possible of local origin.
- We try to avoid disposable (plastic) catering items.
- All our printed materials are CO2 neutral (using certificates).
- Wherever possible, materials are produced without mixed materials (i.e. paper-plastic compounds) in order to make recycling easier.
- Our meeting bags are made of felt, and our umbrellas are also eco-friendly.
- We try to sort and recycle all waste produced.
- We encourage our partners and suppliers to implement similar measures.
- We try to achieve CO2 emission compensation through our marshland project.
In our office
- We try to avoid printing whenever possible and use recycled paper.
- We buy equipment made from sustainable, recycled, and/or recyclable materials, with high energy efficiency, trustworthy certificates, etc.
- Our power comes from renewable sources, and we try to avoid unnecessary heating or other resource consumption.
- We try to limit travel, preferring trains over cars and planes, when reasonable.